Full Time - Americas, North America, Waikoloa
This entry was posted on November 5, 2020.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Cost Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Cost Manager provides cost management services including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, earned value and value engineering. The Cost Manager should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the clients desired project outcome.
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages
- Attends the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis
- With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years’ relevant experience
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities
- Must have people management experience
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Excel
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job