Forensic Construction Scheduler
Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on November 12, 2020.
Overview of Role
The Forensic Construction Scheduler plays a vital role in a construction project. In addition to helping to manage both time and resources to ensure work is completed on time. The job of a Forensic Construction Schedule is to assist in the dispute resolution and claims planning matters on multiple projects, including risk assessment, delay and disruption analysis. Also, this role requires the ability toto create a variety of schedules and analyses for a project, which includes, but is not limited to, preparing master development schedules, building cost and resource loaded baseline schedules, monitoring and updating schedules, analyzing change order impacts to schedules, and preparing monthly schedule reports. The Forensic Construction Scheduler should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the client’s desired project outcome.
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- The preparation of prospective and retrospective delay analyses across a wide variety of construction and engineering projects. This will include the assimilation of technical information along with evidence of delays and the presentation of information in both programs and reports.
- Expert in Time Impact Analysis (TIA), Contemporary Period Analysis, Window Analysis, As-built vs As-Planned, and Collapsed As-built methodologies for delay quantum.
- Preparing programs for new construction projects and the monitoring and resequencing of existing programs to ensure live works are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The preparation of written reports for use in negotiation, as well as formal dispute resolution processes such as mediation, adjudication, arbitration, and litigation; prepared as either advocate or as an independent expert.
- Working independently or with client teams to carry out ‘live’ planning assistance.
- Creates/develops/maintains master development schedules, fully resource and cost loaded project baseline schedules, and updated monthly project schedules all meeting contract requirements.
- Preparation of delay analysis & time extension requests utilizing AACE Recommended Practice 29R-03 “Forensic Schedule Analysis.”
- Preparation of expert opinions and testifying in arbitration and litigation matters.
- Provides support to teams in assessing/documenting delays and impacts, alternate work plans and methods of construction. Provides support to project teams when delay(s) have been determined. Propose schedule recovery alternatives and mitigation strategies.
- Prepare Monthly Schedule Update Reports for each schedule update, which describes current project status, deviations, and identifies any/all critical schedule issues.
- Prepare concise schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects.
- Creation of schedule performance dashboards.
- Maintain quality assurance and control on assigned project schedules.
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The Forensic Construction Scheduler shall demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: BS in Engineering, Business, or Construction Management
- Minimum Experience required: 15+ years previous experience as a Senior Scheduler or Project Controls Manager on major projects/programs. Minimum 10 years experience in Forensic delays analysis.
- Skills Required: Scheduling and Project Management software programs and/or tools such as: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, ASTA Powerproject, Deltek Acumen Fuse, Schedule Analyzer.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals.
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary. Overnight travel on occasion.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performedApply for job