Project Manager-BioLab & Medical Imaging
Full Time - Americas, North America, Boston
This entry was posted on November 12, 2020.
This role will be based in New Haven, Connecticut, but will report to management in Boston, Massachusetts.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Project Manager will maintain a primary focus on practice related services (management of the delivery of all project management related services) and a secondary focus on internal business operations (active engagement with business development). The successful candidate will have significant independent responsibility for assignments including entire projects as determined by the manager in situations where the project scope and complexity are limited. The Project Manager should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the client’s desired project outcome.
- Maintain and produce new and existing reports using a variety of different methods to provide cost and benchmark data to the corporate teams.
- Plan, organize, and direct the project management functions for assigned construction projects within the program.
- Develop project budgets, review budgets for active construction projects, and monitor adherence to project budgets.
- Review project schedules and interact with project managers, construction managers, and contractors to facilitate adherence to schedules.
- Serve as liaison with clients, assist clients with all project related decisions, and oversee the development of specific service proposals for those clients.
- Develop and recommend efficient staffing levels consistent with workload and assign project managers and field personnel accordingly.
- Review contract documents necessary to effectively evaluate the progress of construction for all building systems and structure
- Develop requests for proposals (RFPs) and/or requests for qualifications (RFQs) for general and specialist consultant/contractors. Review and evaluate proposals, negotiate scopes of work, general conditions, and general requirements.
- Review change orders for entitlement and evaluate scope and cost of work, including labor and material rates.
- Work with Construction Division staff, the Finance Office, and the Office of Counsel to monitor payments to contractors and develop efficient practices for timely payment in conformance with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Work with Procurement units and the Office of Counsel to resolve construction related disputes, claims, and litigation.
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Structural Engineering, Cost Estimating or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in construction management in a variety of building types from program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages of design in elemental and CSI format at a mid-senior level
- Must have experience with Medical Research, Diagnostic Imaging, BSL, and Medical Laboratories.
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical thinker; good problem-solving skills, strong numeracy and financial management skills; ability to write clear and precise reports and relate complex information to a diverse range of people. Knowledge and use of industry estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job