Senior Building Services Engineer
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on December 22, 2020.
Overview of Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Mechanical and/or Electrical or Building Services Engineer, who is familiar with producing M&E reports and is proficient in identifying M&E Assets/Systems providing support to the existing team in the delivery of various projects and stock condition surveys.
The role will require:
- Asset and component identification and capture.
- Good understanding of schematic drawings.
- Strong effective communication skills including clear handwriting.
- Full clean driving license.
- National travel during working days.
- Good H&S awareness.
- Delivery of Mechanical and Electrical condition data capture surveys.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors.
Cost Planning including:
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations.
- Value engineering studies
M&E Surveying including:
- Undertake pre-survey meetings with client representatives.
- Building Stock Condition Surveys
- Populate the asset management system via tablet technology with data relating to the condition of the stock and surrounding areas along with other legislative requirements.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role with good commercial results and encompass a realistic selection of the following qualifications and attributes…
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
- Engineering HNC or equivalent.
- Chartered or obtain MCIBSE within 2 years of commencement of employment
- Experience in a supervisory/management position.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Proficient in the use of mobile data capture device.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- Can prioritise workloads and deliver to deadlines.
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- The individual must be adaptable and willing to learn new skills relevant to the Building Surveying teams’ requirements.
- Excellent specification writing skills.
- Able to build long-term relationships.
- Being presentable and appropriately representing the code of conduct and ethics of your respective institutions.
- IT literacy and expertise in using tablet-based data collection technologies, Excel, Word.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work.
- Well presented with good interpersonal skills.
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-SM1Apply for job