Rider Levett Bucknall UK Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Rider Levett Bucknall UK Limited of 15 Colmore Row, Birmingham, West Midlands B3 2BH.
What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process information about you that you give us when you request or receive a professional service from us, provide a service or product to us, apply for employment with us or communicate with us by e-mail, telephone, in writing or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, bank details (as appropriate), personal description and photograph (as appropriate).
We will collect and process information about you which we receive from other sources including recruitment agencies, contractors, business partners, government agencies and the Official Journal of the European Union. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How will your information be used by us?
We will use information you give to us to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- provide you with the information and professional services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other professional services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about professional services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about professional services similar to those previously supplied to you. If you are a new client, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date; and
- notify you about changes to our professional services.
- We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
- selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Rider Levett Bucknall UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or terms and conditions of supply as notified to you from time to time and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rider Levett Bucknall UK Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Stuart Stables, Rider Levett Bucknall UK Ltd, 15 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2BH OR email@example.com
How can you access your information?
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.