AUT Sir Paul Reeves Building, Auckland, New Zealand
Client: Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
Services: Cost Management & Quantity Surveying
Adding 20,000 square metres to the Auckland University of Technology, the result is a flexible, contemporary and collaborative learning environment.
A 12-storey tower links to a three-storey atrium for lectures and public events. At street level, the building’s transparent facade acts as a ‘shopfront’, engaging the public and emphasising the activity inside.
Facilities within the tower support AUT’s School of Communication Studies.
RLB provided full quantity surveying and cost management services. We assisted with a sustainability study in the design phase and facilitated risk management and reporting.
- 2014 Property Council NZ Education & Arts Property Award, Excellence
- 2014 NZIA National Awards – Education and Planning and Urban Design
- 2014 NZ Commercial Project Awards – National Category Winner – Education
- 2014 NZ Commercial Project Awards – Silver – Education
- 2013 Interior Awards – Winner – Civic & Education Category
- 2013 Best Awards – Purple Pin – overall winner of spatial design category
- 2013 Best Awards – Gold Award – Civic & Education
- 2013 Best Awards – Gold Award – Built Environment
- 2013 Best Awards – Bronze Award – Furniture
- 2013 NZIA Auckland Architecture Awards – Education and Interior Architecture