Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Cost Estimator (Project Engineer) to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Cost Estimator is responsible for all independent construction cost control functions for review of the construction projects change orders including complete estimates, value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies, and historical cost reports.
This individual is capable of performing cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously. The Cost Estimator should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the clients desired project outcome.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid analyses
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainable practices
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or related field is required
- Recent experience and specialty in electrical and mechanical cost strategies
- Cost control in the commercial/institutional/Industrial sector concentrating on vertical construction
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement / pricing
- Experience in CMGC / GCCM process
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.