Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a P3 Advisor with experience in P3 projects in the role of Lenders Technical Advisor, or as Independent Certifier to join a client focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-quality individual to join and strengthen our office.
The P3 Advisor will take a leadership role on future P3 assignments and will be expected to assist in securing additional P3 projects across Canada. The candidate must be capable of being a client contact, and managing our internal team assembled for the assignments.
The P3 Advisor is to participate in all independent construction cost control functions for review of the construction projects change orders including complete estimates, value analysis, schedule of values, comparisons, assisting with feasibility studies, and historical cost reports. This individual can perform cost control functions on multiple projects of varying complexity simultaneously. The P3 Advisor should have the ability to identify opportunities within a project that will add value and help successfully accomplish the client’s desired project outcome.
- Preparation of construction related cost estimates, cost plans, and cost strategies.
- Reviews drawings and specifications to determine scope and quantities to calculate pricing.
- Communicates, solicits and interacts with sub-contractors in various trades to obtain pricing for projects.
- Determines quantities of materials in various trades by using estimating department software.
- Change order reviews and valuations of work in progress and bid analyses.
- Preparation of studies and plans on value engineering, life cycle costing, and sustainable practices.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and site visits to assess the conditions of the site or existing building, as necessary.
- Develop project understanding to calculate budgets from schematic through final construction documents as assigned.
- Communicates with team members, bid captains, estimating manager and others as required, convening scopes, pricing, construction details, etc.
- Develops strategies to pursue, estimate and win competitive bids.
- Be fully versed in a variety of P3/AFP contract types, including DBF, DBFM, DBFO etc.
- Contributes to team performance by collaboration and effective communication.
- Contributes to and understands the clients desired project outcomes, identifies opportunities to add value to accomplish the desired outcomes.
- Adds to team effort by accomplishing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or related field is required
- Recent experience in an Intermediate or Senior level involvement in the role of Technical Advisor or Independent Certifier for 5 different P3 / AFP projects
- Recent experience with P3 Lenders, Provincial Infrastructure Clients and Consortiums (ProjectCo)
- Experience with conceptual and detailed measurement / pricing
- Experience with estimating software systems, onscreen takeoff software and BIM
- Professional certifications preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.