Title: Chartered Electrical Engineer
Division: Construction Management
Location: Riyadh and other KSA locations
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for several Chartered Electrical Engineers to join our client focused Construction teams in Riyadh. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of site based Electrical Engineering, exceeding the expectation of the client.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and delivering within the Commercial, Residential, Education, Data Centre, Mixed Use, Sports, Retail, and Defence sectors. Our Engineers work in close contact with clients, advising them on design and assurance activities for the client and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy or client construction environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- To monitor and report on the Construction Contractor’s performance and effectiveness in respect of the Electrical Engineering discipline in accordance with the Project Manager Implementation’s (PM’s) instructions.
- To ensure adequate surveillance of the Construction Contractor’s activities and verify records in respect of their engineering discipline, as and when required.
- To ensure that all Electrical Engineering activities under their control are undertaken in accordance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and quality system procedures.
- To undertake monitoring and surveillance of Construction Contractor’s activities in respect of their engineering discipline to determine compliance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and the approved construction drawings.
- Review the Construction Contractor’s generated data in respect of Electrical Engineering.
- Monitor the Construction Contractor’s work methods involving their engineering discipline.
- Monitor and review Construction Contractor’s proposals and activities in respect of the programming and resourcing of their engineering discipline.
- Ensure all materials used and work performed are as per project construction specifications and oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment by review/comment/approval or rejection of Contractor’s material submittals.
- Monitor and certify, in liaison with other discipline engineers as necessary, the commissioning, testing and handover of completed works together with O&M Manuals, within their engineering discipline.
- Monitor and review construction drawings, calculations and shop drawings in respect of their engineering discipline and review their incorporation into as-built records.
- Within their area of responsibility, ensure that the Project and Quality Plan and related Project Documents are prepared, implemented and updated through the respective phases of the project.
- Ensure that all Risks and Opportunities associated with the activities under their control are identified, communicated to the PM, and that the necessary risk mitigation and opportunity realisation actions are identified and implemented.
- In liaison with the PM, monitor on a regular basis progress and actual against programmed start/finish dates for activities within their engineering discipline.
- Prepare monitoring and surveillance reports and liaise with the PM in respect of the report’s findings.
- Prepare, when directed by the PM, Technical Queries for submission to the Construction Contractor or Client’s Design Review Section as appropriate.
- Liaise with the PM on the preparation of Observation Notes, Non-Conformance Reports and on the Construction Contractor’s subsequent proposals.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with each of the other discipline engineers as necessary.
- Liaise with, and report to, the PM as necessary in respect of the above items.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Must hold an Electrical Engineering Degree preferably from KSA or UK.
- Significant on-site experience in the Construction sector for international Consultancy, Tier 1 Contractor organisations or equivalent (minimum 8 years).
- A Chartered Engineered (CEng) and/or a member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
- Member or ability to register with the Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE).
- Ability to manage Contractors to deliver to quality standards by the required deadlines.
- Understanding of engineering, design and quality standards.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and expertise efficiently to resolving problems without the need to rely on others.
- Able to articulate technical knowledge to team members to develop their understanding.
- To successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and client/external interface skills.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, ambitious, adaptable – a strong work ethic is essential.
- Previous work experience in Construction in the defence sector.
- Previous work experience in KSA or wider middle-east region.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB.
With 100 KSA staff and 4,500 worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
We are an award winning, leading independent firm providing our clients with some of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking advice available.
We offer a range of complementary quantity surveying, project management, building surveying and advisory services from conception, through design and construction and operational performance of facilities to their eventual disposal or reuse.
Our clients have rapid access to the latest industry intelligence and innovations, which serve to enhance value and mitigate risk.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
We are committed to developing new services and techniques aimed at enhancing our clients’ businesses in the long term.