RLB is an independent global construction and property consultancy who provide clients with management and advice throughout the built environment. We are committed to adding real value to our clients, achieving commercial certainty, project and program success and optimised assets to projects across the globe.
RLB do this through our extensive expertise in cost management, quantity surveying, program management, asset advisory and specialist consultancy services. We employ 4,000+ staff across 40 countries globally, and throughout our long history, we have made a significant difference to our clients by combining innovative solutions and fresh perspectives.
This position reports to the local directors who have extensive experience in cost management services and are well respected in the industry. Our directors have been with RLB for a number of years, displaying a leadership style that is collaborative, approachable, hands-on and patient, so the successful applicant will have direct access to great mentors, keen to share their knowledge and experience and therefore the opportunity to learn from the best in their field.
This position is a key role on a great team that provides cost management services on a diverse range of private and public sector projects.
This opportunity provides career development and growth and an attractive salary for the right individual.
We are keen to engage senior quantity surveyors and quantity surveyors who are at the top of their game in cost management and in return we offer a substantial pipeline of work across a large number of exciting and high profile projects in Canterbury.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who:
- Has a minimum three years post-grad experience
- Has membership of (or working towards) the NZIQS, RICS or equivalent professional body
- Can produce estimates of building construction costs based on concept, sketch, design development and ‘for construction’ documentation
- Can provide construction phase contract administration including progress payments, variations, budget reports and financier ‘cost to complete’ reports
- Can provide value management advice
- Can help with negotiation of construction contract price and conditions
- Can assist with and be involved in the preparation of bills of quantities (4202 or ANZSMM) and simplified bills of quantities
- Is focused, resilient and not afraid to get stuck in
- Is self-disciplined and conscientious
- Is reliable and committed to meeting tight deadlines
- Can help with mentoring. An individual who has a natural ability to teach others and who is willing to share their knowledge and skills across a team of like-minded professionals
- Is confident, and the ability to be able to empower others
- Is a strong leader with great leadership traits
- Is a respectful and trusting person
- Is ethical, with high integrity and honesty, always and no matter what
- Is able to learn new ways of working, including the adoption of profession related technology
Together we are creating a better tomorrow through flawless execution today.
If you are interested in a role with Rider Levett Bucknall, please provide your CV and covering letter below.