RLB is an independent global construction and property consultancy who provide clients with management and advice throughout the built environment. We are committed to adding real value to our clients, achieving commercial certainty, project and program success and optimised assets to projects across the globe.
RLB do this through our extensive expertise in cost management, quantity surveying, program management, asset advisory and specialist consultancy services. We employ 4,000+ staff across 40 countries globally, and throughout our long history, we have made a significant difference to our clients by combining innovative solutions and fresh perspectives.
This position reports to the local business owners who have extensive experience in cost management services and are well respected in the industry. Our local business owners have been with RLB for a number of years, displaying a leadership style that is collaborative, approachable, hands-on and patient, so the successful applicant will have direct access to great mentors, keen to share their knowledge and experience and therefore the opportunity to learn from the best in their field.
This position is a key role on a great team that provides cost management services on a diverse range of private and public sector projects with our high-quality clients.
This opportunity provides career development and growth and an attractive salary for the right individual.
We are keen to engage senior quantity surveyors who are at the top of their game in cost management and in return we offer a substantial pipeline of work across a large number of exciting and high-profile projects at various stages in Wellington and the lower North Island.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who:
- Has a minimum five years post-grad quantity surveying experience
- Has membership of (or working towards) their NZIQS, RICS or equivalent professional body full membership
- Can produce estimates of building construction costs based on concept, sketch, design development and ‘for construction’ documentation
- Can provide construction phase contract administration including progress payments, variations, budget reports and financier ‘cost to complete’ reports
- Can provide value management advice
- Can help with negotiation of construction contract price and conditions
- Can assist with and be involved in the preparation of bills/schedules of quantities (4202 or ANZSMM) and simplified bills/schedules of quantities
- Has a desire share their knowledge, experience and skills across a team of like-minded professionals
- Has a desire to help others develop their skills and be valuable team member
- Is focused, resilient and not afraid to get stuck in
- Is self-disciplined and conscientious
- Is reliable and committed to meeting tight deadlines
- Is confident meeting with industry colleagues and clients
- Is a respectful and trusting person
- Is ethical, with high integrity and honesty, always and no matter what
- Is able to learn new ways of working, including the adoption of profession related technology
Together we are creating a better tomorrow through flawless execution today.
If you are interested in a role with Rider Levett Bucknall, please provide your CV and covering letter below.