Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Sheffield
This entry was posted on February 9, 2021.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Consultant, with a background in Fire Risk Assessing and Passive Protection inspections to join a client focused team within our Yorkshire office. To be based in either Sheffield or Leeds. This position could benefit from an agile working approach with some flexibility.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team. The role will be an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing fire consultancy services from within our existing team.
To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
- Conduct comprehensive PFP surveys and identify associated risk and deficiencies to be followed up with an impartial remedial action plan;
- Help guide clients and partners through statutory requirements and ensure compliance;
- Create technical documents to guide the application of fire safety principles or systems in a clear, robust and legislative manner;
- Provide support and guidance to the fire safety services team which enhances RLB’s technical output to clients;
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities for the business. Communicate to senior team members.
- Attend and partake in Fire Safety Steering Group to develop the technical ability of the wider Building Surveying Division;
- Sound working knowledge of UK fire safety legislation: to include but not limited to – Approved Document B, RR(FS)O, BS 9999, BB 100 & HTM 05-02 etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results. They will be passionate about fire safety and will strive to provide the upmost quality on every commission.
- NEBOSH Fire, FPA C05 or equivalent
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Accredited fire risk assessment qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Hold a membership of a relevant professional body (IFE / IFSM etc.)
- Preferably experience in management of fire risk management
- Client facing, ensuring high standards of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams and prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Travel to client’s sites with the potential for occasional overnight stays away from home
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one. RLB are committed to offering support to continual professional development and membership of industry related professional bodies.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com
#LI-SM1Apply for job