We are thrilled to support the popular Rider Levett Bucknall Award for Best Public Art Project.
This award recognises the use of Public Art within projects/developments to create brilliant spaces and in turn enriching and enlivening our cities and suburbs.
Eligible Public Art Projects must have been commissioned by the Property Developer/Owner.
Eligible entrants will be Art projects that have been completed as of 31 December 2022.
The award is open to members of the Property Council of Australia only. Innovation in your responses should be clearly expressed.
If this sounds like your project, you can nominate now!
As we look for new ways to attract people to physical spaces, do we need to revalue the role of public art in placemaking? RLB’s NSW Managing Director Stephen Mee reflected on this question in an article for the Property Council of Australia in 2021:
Let’s paint the town
Presented by the Property Council of Australia in collaboration with Rider Levett Bucknall (RLB) since 1982, the prestigious awards promote excellence in design and innovation in the built environment.
RLB Award for Best Public Art Project inaugural finalists:
- Musical Spheres, Angel Place, New South Wales
- STARS: a reimagined environment 2020, Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation Services, Queensland
- Vault of Heaven & Seeds of Cosmos, Sixty Martin Place, New South Wales
- Big Nest in Sydney, Central Park, New South Wales
- Sparkling Pond, Bold-Coloured Groove & Tender Fire, Central Park, New South Wales
- Ngook – Honey Story, Curtin University Midland Campus, Western Australia