Rider Levett Bucknall (“RLB”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This document sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
All our staff are responsible for data protection. Each person has their role to play to make sure that we are compliant with the relevant data protection laws.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
What information we collect
We will collect and process information about you that you provide to us when you:
- request information
- receive a professional service from us
- provide a service or product to us
- apply for employment with us; and/or
- communicate with us by e-mail, telephone, in writing or otherwise.
The information you give us could include:
- your name
- e-mail address
- phone number
- bank details
- personal description; and/or
We will collect and process information about you, which we receive from other sources. These sources include recruitment agencies, contractors, business partners, government agencies and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you and tell you how we intend to use that information.
The legal grounds for use of your personal information
RLB only collects the personal information necessary to fulfil your request. Where more, optional information is sought, we will notify you of this at the point of collection.
Your personal data will be used based on the following legitimate causes:
- Performance of a contract. This is when the processing of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract;
- Legal obligation. This is when we must process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.;
- Legitimate interests. This is when we process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so, to further that business, so long as it doesn’t outweigh your interests; or
- Your consent. This is when we will ask you for specific permission to process some of your personal information. We will only process your personal information in this way if you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting RLB North Asia at firstname.lastname@example.org or RLB South East Asia at email@example.com.
Examples of the ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
- To offer information and/or services to individuals who visit our website or offer information about employment opportunities.
- To prevent fraud or criminal activity and to safeguard our IT systems.
- To customize individuals’ online experience and improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of RLB’s online presence.
- To conduct and analyse our marketing activities.
- To meet our corporate and social responsibility obligations.
How will your information be used?
We may use the personal data you provide via signing up on our website and associated platforms, as well as supplementary information from other sources, for the following purposes:
- to administer and/or improve the Website;
- to fulfil your requests for publications, thought leadership, news alerts and others if you have signed up for them;
- to deal with any requests submitted by you via the contact us page;
- to process any job application that you submit to us via the Website;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- to personalise your experience at our Website and associated platforms;
- to contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this and/or
- to otherwise respond to any requests, queries or comments submitted to us by you.
We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for the above purposes. We will never sell your data or purposely allow its use in any way other than that originally intended. We may disclose personal data to our successors in business in the future but only for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. We may also disclose personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may monitor or record your communications with us for quality control and training purposes.
If RLB processes personal information about you, you have the following rights:
RLB provides you with the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you would like to rectify, delete or restrict the processing of your personal information, exercise your right to data portability or withdraw your consent to processing, please contact RLB North Asia at firstname.lastname@example.org or RLB South East Asia at email@example.com.
You can ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, if you would like to do so please contact RLB North Asia at firstname.lastname@example.org or RLB South East Asia at email@example.com.
Sharing of personal information
We have the right to share your personal information with any member of our group. This means:
- our subsidiaries
- our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries; and
- selected third parties. This includes business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets. In which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligation or terms and conditions of supply as notified to you from time to time and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any member of our group, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to other websites
Data security and integrity
RLB has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. However, despite RLB’s best efforts, security cannot be guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We also make reasonable efforts to keep personal information only for so long:
- as the information is necessary to comply with an individual’s request,
- as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, internal business or policy requirements, or
- until that person asks that the information be deleted.
The period for which data is retained will depend on the specific nature and circumstances under which the information was collected. However, subject to the requirements of i)–iii) above, personal information will not be kept for more than 2 years.
If you wish to contact us in the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please contact our North Asia or South East Asia offices.
RLB North Asia
email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 15th Floor, Goldin Financial Global Centre, 17 Kai Cheung Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
RLB South East Asia
email email@example.com or write to us at 911 Bukit Timah Road Level 3, Singapore 589622
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our websites. These help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. A cookie is a small data file that can be used to track internet use. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. More information about cookies is generally available in the “help” (or similar) section of your computer’s internet browser.
When you first access our websites, you will be given the choice to enable or disable cookies through our cookie banner. You can revisit your choice at any time by going to the cookie tool bar. You can access this on our website by clicking on the wheel symbol at the bottom left of your screen. You can also disable cookies on your web browser. For instructions on how to block or delete cookies please consult your browser’s privacy or help documentation. Disabling cookies may interfere with your use and enjoyment of our websites.
Automatic collection of personal information
Cookies will typically be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the site to remember your computer or device and serves several purposes.
On some of our web sites, a notification banner will appear allowing you to manage your consent to collect cookies (cookie banner). Below is a summary of the categories of cookies collected on our websites, and how your consent may impact your experience of certain features as you navigate those websites:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
These cookies collect and report information on how visitors use this site and about their browsing habits. Keeping these cookies enables us to make the site better and to display advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests.
You can manage your consent for targeting cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can choose whether to accept cookies via the cookie consent banner or your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu). If you wish to revoke your selection, you may do so by clearing your browser’s cookies, or by updating your preferences in the cookie banner.
Further information about managing cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Below we briefly identify the cookies we use:
|1||google-analytics.com||__utm.gif||Pixel||Google Analytics Tracking Code that logs details about the visitor's browser and computer.||Session||Analytic Cookie|
|2||rlb.com||__utma||HTTP||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.||2 Years||Analytic Cookie|
|3||rlb.com||__utmb||HTTP||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.||1 day||Analytic Cookie|
|4||rlb.com||__utmc||HTTP||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the web site. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a web site visit.||Session||Analytic Cookie|
|5||rlb.com||__utmt||HTTP||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.||1 day||Analytic Cookie|
|6||rlb.com||__utmz||HTTP||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.||6 Months||Analytic Cookie|
|7||rlb.com||_ga||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||2 Years||Analytic Cookie|
|8||rlb.com||_gid||HTTP||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||1 day||Analytic Cookie|
|9||vimeo.com||vuid||HTTP||Collects data on the user's visits to the web site, such as which pages have been read.||2 years||Analytic Cookie|
|10||doubleclick.net||r/collect||Pixel||This cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. It tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||Session||Marketing Cookie|
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognise and communicate with one another. IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate will be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information will also typically be used in aggregate form to conduct web site trend and performance analysis.
RLB uses Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics is used by RLB can be found here: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/
RLB will collect and use the geographical location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected for the purpose of providing you with information regarding services which we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location, and to improve our location-based products and services.
Social media widgets and applications
RLB’s web sites will typically include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications. These social media applications will collect and use information regarding your use of RLB web sites. Any personal information that you provide via such social media applications will often be collected and used by other members of that social media application. Such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
RLB web sites may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal information that you provide on any RLB social media feature will typically be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we often have limited or no control.
A web beacon is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computer, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type, and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server. RLB only uses web beacons in accordance with applicable laws.
RLB or its service providers will use web beacons to track the effectiveness of third-party web sites that provide us with recruiting or marketing services or to gather aggregate visitor statistics and manage cookies.
You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but cookie information will not be recorded.
In some of our newsletters and other communications, we will monitor recipient actions such as email open rates through embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge user interest and to enhance future user experiences.
Mailing list registration
We use data collected to provide marketing material.