RLB UK is determined to improve diversity and inclusion within our own business and to play a leading role in promoting positive change across the industry. To help deliver on these goals we have adopted the Inspiring Women in Construction Pledge, a set of principles outlining a roadmap for improvement within the construction industry.
The Pledge is a core initiative of Construction News’ Inspiring Women in Construction campaign in 2021 and is a voluntary code that companies can adopt to demonstrate their determination to promote gender equality. All signatories publicly aspire to:
- Recognise the diverse perspectives and skills that women bring to the workforce
- Ensure HR policies actively promote gender equality
- Make unconscious-bias training mandatory for anyone in charge of selecting other people
- Use inclusive language in recruitment adverts and job descriptions
- Establish programmes for female employees to support career progression
- Take steps to close their gender pay gap.
Together with industry peers, including BRE, Mace, Willmott Dixon and Arcadis, RLB has pledged to set and promote good examples that others can follow. In this way, more employers will be encouraged to take positive action and drive much needed change throughout the industry.
Andrew Reynolds commented “The RLB Board is absolutely delighted to be a signatory to the Inspiring Women in Construction Pledge. We need more businesses speaking up and taking action to deliver change in our industry. This pledge is a further way for RLB to demonstrate that we are actively working for a more inclusive industry, to improve business environments for women, and to champion equal representation at all levels.”
For more information see Inspiring Women | Construction News