At RLB we work with our education clients to provide high quality learning spaces which meet the objectives of students, teaching staff and the wider community.
For schools entering the Department for Education’s School Rebuilding Programme (SRP), we can offer comprehensive Project Management services to support your senior leadership team through the delivery of your new-build or refurbishment project. By appointing our dedicated, specialist team, Trusts can ensure they have secured support on all technical, strategic and property-related issues which fall outside of their in-house expertise or capacity.
Each project within the SRP is different, with some schools being completely rebuilt, while other schools are benefiting from the construction of construction of new teaching blocks, and/or light or heavy refurbishment. Our team’s extensive experience in delivering school construction projects include complex, phased developments around ‘live’ school operations means that we can offer the following services:
- Leading on liaison with the DfE, their appointed Technical Advisor and other key stakeholders e.g. Local Authority.
- Responding to all Requests For Information from the DfE, Technical Advisor and other stakeholders.
- Liaising with the school/ MAT’s solicitor in relation to property/land-related matters e.g. covenants, S77 disposal, Sport England etc.
- Supporting your in-house team throughout the design development phase to ensure the new building closely meets your requirements (within the scope of the DFE project budget).
- Undertaking liaison in relation to any school/MAT-funded elements of the project.
- Planning and mobilising moves in and out of temporary accommodation and liaising with stakeholders to ensure minimal impact to teaching and learning.
- Supporting on-site liaison with the contractor and your local team.
- Attending on-site progress meetings.
- Acting as a critical friend at handover – ensuring your team is confident in their understanding and use of the new building.
- Supporting post-handover of the new accommodation to ensure that snagging and defects are closed out.
- Attending regular Keeping in Touch meetings with the key school contact to keep them apprised of the project’s progress.
- Providing written reports to the relevant Board Committee/ Governing Body to keep them informed and updated. Attending meetings where required to give a verbal update.
- Any other related services as requested by the client.
For further information, or to discuss how Rider Levett Bucknall’s Specialist Team can support you with your School Rebuilding Programme project, please contact Lucia Glynn.